Friday, August 15, 2008

My Casey



My Casey has always been such a booger.  I love him so much, but man, can this kid just find mischief.  His most recent was beyond anything he's done so far.  Last Saturday, Max was getting ready for TaeKwonDo, and we were in our half bath downstairs fixing his hair.  He gets crazy bed head, so we have this squirt bottle we keep in the the bath downstairs so that we can just wet his hair and fix it.  We do this almost everyday before we leave.  This bathroom we were in is also the bathroom that the boys use all day.  Ok, three little boys, as you can imagine, sometimes it gets kinda smelly.  One day earlier in the week, I was fixing Max's hair, and he was like, "man, Casey must've missed the toilet cause it really smells like pee in here."  I had just cleaned in there, so I was somewhat stumped as to where the smell was coming from.  Well, the next time we  were fixing his hair, we had the same conversation.  On this particular Saturday, I sprayed his hair, and right after I sprayed, Max said the same thing....."it smells like pee in here."  Right then it hit me....it only smells in here when I'm spraying his hair!!!!  I opened the bottle (it's green), and poured out the contents, and sure enough, it was nice and yellowish, and absolutely wreaked!  I almost died.  I'd been dousing poor Max in pee for days!!!  I had him go upstairs and shower immediately.  Max was a lot better sport about it than I would've been.  He thought it was gross, but just laughed it off.  Apparently, one day while he was standing there peeing, Casey saw the squirt bottle and got the great idea to pee in it....and not tell anyone.  It still makes me want to puke.

The photos above just show how ornery he's always been.  He could barely walk in the one where he scaled the counter to get to the candy.  In the one where's he's white, he smeared the original (not creamy) formula of Desitin all over his room and furniture and self.  The other photo is of his room after "naptime."  He was also the poop smearer, but that was never quite funny enough for a photo op.  That really made me cry on a few occasions.  He wasn't smearing it to be a freak, you could see the thought process in the smeared poo.  He had a poopy diaper, so he decided to try to change it.  He unfastened one side, used his hands to pull it down, stepped on it to get it off, tried to wipe the poo off his feet with his hands, used the wall and his furniture to try to wipe the poo off his hands.  Many, many times this happened.  One afternoon, too, a little girl up the street rang my doorbell and said, "Um, Kelly....the boys are on the roof."  I took off upstairs, and sure enough, Adam and Max had gone out the window over the porch in Casey's room, and were on the porch roof (they were about 3 and 5).  Casey was about 18 months old, and he decided he needed to do what his big brothers were doing.  The only problem was he was trying to go out the other window...the one that was a 2 story fall to the ground...not onto the roof.  When I ran in the room, he had one leg out the window.  I cried that day, too, just thinking about what could've happened.

I love being Casey's mom (and Max and Adam's too), but Max and Adam are really lucky they came first and second.  God is good....he knows.  If Casey had been first, I might've decided that he was more than enough.  Being the third, I was a little more broken in as the mom of boys.  Not much phases me anymore.  I love these crazy guys so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kelly, i love this story. especially the pee squirter. i can't believe that about the roof. i have had memorable "scary" moments that i still cry about the possibility of my kids getting hurt. i have panic attacks over them, thinking that it was my fault. and yet, God is gracious, merciful and quick to forgive. and protect. oh yeah, protect.

silas squirted bleach in his mouth the other day and while i was on the phone with poison control he busted an egg on my couch.

i'm with ya sister.