

This might not look like much to everyone else, but this is amazing to me! I have been so worried about Casey. I thought he was really far behind because he wasn't able to write his name, and I thought he didn't know any of his numbers. I've been going with the "you can do it!" type mentality. Well, apparently, that's not enough to get our Casey motivated. Last night, Rick told him as soon as he learned how to write his name and all his numbers with no help, he would buy him a new Wii game. When Rick told me, I thought it was a good idea. It would give him something to work for this YEAR. As of yesterday afternoon, he couldn't even spell his name, let alone write it. And numbers? He would confuse them with letters! I really thought he was delayed, and was worried sick about him. This morning, he brought me these two sheets of paper followed by, "Dad said if I write my name and numbers to 10, he'd buy me a Wii game. It's easy." Best 50 bucks I've ever spent :)
1 comment:
Isn't that amazing what gets them motivated!!! Drives me a little nuts around here, but I can relate.
I am so happy for you...such a relief , I'm sure.
Jeni
Post a Comment