Monday, May 26, 2008

Camping




Over the holiday weekend, we took the boys camping for the first time.  I used to not be much of a camper, but we really had a great time.  Some friends of ours go every year with their family, and they invited us to come along this year.  I can't say we were really roughing it.  Rick borrowed his brother's pop-up camper, and that thing is a little house!  We had two king size beds, electricity and water.  We even had heat even though we didn't realize it until we were leaving!  It would've been nice, though, because it was cold at night!  Luckily, we did find the heated blankets John and Sarah had stashed in their camper.  Our friend even brought a projector and his Wii so we would have something to do when the sun went down!  The boys got to go fishing, and Max caught a fish!  I wasn't there, therefore no photo....bummer.  They also got to have water gun fights, camp fires, treasure hunts, and we even got to go on that family bike ride they've been dying to go on!  (I'll post about my Mother's Day gift later).  The bike ride almost gave me a heart attack, and I'm sure I have many more gray hairs because of it, but we survived.  The boys were so bummed to leave, but we're definitely going to go again this summer.  Thanks John and Sarah for lending us your truck and camper, and thanks to the Howards and Koches for inviting us to go along.  It was so much fun!

No comments: